Visual.ng aims at becoming the most recognized online magazine dedicated to youth culture in Nigeria. We are building an engaging, interactive and captivating platform for both users and Aficionados. Our mission is to showcase art and design from Nigeria to the world and inspire a new age of artists.
We are constantly building a stronger following both on our website and on social media. VISUAL Media is set on including all forms of arts, design and culture, including our VISUAL Now and Meets. We are building a leading network and destination for cultural enthusiasts, taste makers and influencers alike. VISUAL is looking for highly knowledgeable and efficient Editors. The online editorial nature of VISUAL requires applicants who can operate swiftly and understand and influence movements within culture and social media. The Editor will serve as an integral part of our growing Editorial team and help further the growth, reach and cultural impact of VISUAL.
Overseeing the publishing of daily content and news
Coordinating with brands and personalities for content (i.e. reaching out)
Overseeing the creation questions to interviews Managing an editorial calendar
Coordinating with our Brand Partnership Team Creation of longer form editorial pieces
Conducting interviews Editorial planning and scheduling
Coordinating projects with the Brand Partnership team
Ensuring editorial direction is on-brand Art direction for features Introducing and executing editorial concepts
Approving longer form content
Pitching and conceptualizing
Brand Partnership concepts
Leading and executing Brand Partnership concepts
- 1 + years in content creation with either experience in branded content or a strong strategic understanding of applying editorial to branded content.
- A passion for and experience in working across art, film, photography and music brands.
- A keen eye for art direction, visuals & copy.
- True understanding of the branded content strategy and space and be ability to create conceptual ideas that meet brand strategies and briefs
- Experience with channel strategy from a creative perspective is ideal, and experience in digital.
- A love for the VISUAL brand
How to Apply
This position is based in Lagos. Immediate availability is preferred.
If you think you have what it takes to join the fast-growing and dynamic team, please send three writing samples of 200 words, a cover letter and CV.